Recent Research Outcomes
(For a more complete list: http://purao.net/research/)
- Purao, S. 2021. Design Science Research Problems … Where do they come from? 15th International Conference in Design Science Research in Information Technology and Systems. Kristiansand, Norway. July.
- Purao, S., Hao, H., and Meng, C. 2021. The Use of Smart Home Speakers by the Elderly: Exploratory Analyses and Potential for Big Data. Big Data Research. Elsevier. Forthcoming.
- Purao, S., Murungi, D., Yates, D. 2021. Deliberative Breakdowns in the Social Representation Process: Evidence from Reader Comments in Partisan News Sites. ACM Transactions on Social Computing. Forthcoming.
- Purao, S. (Co-PI) with M. Garfield (PI). 2020. Improving Service Delivery for the Homeless with Analytics and Process Modeling. Smart Cities and Communities Program. National Science Foundation. ~$140k
- Purao, S., L. Chandra. A. Mädche. 2020. Design Principles: Where do… they all come from? Design Sciences Conference on Information Systems and Technology. Kristiansand, Norway.
- Purao. S., and A. Karunakaran. 2020. Designing Platforms to Support Knowledge-Intensive Organizational Work. Forthcoming in Design Science Research Cases. Eds. Jan vom Brocke, A. Hevner, A, Maedeche. Springer
- J. He, D. Murungi, S. Purao, A. Karunakaran. 2020. The Use of Action Knowledge to Support Work: The Case of Petrochemical Operators. European Conference on Information Systems.
- Purao, S., M. Garfield. 2020. Process Modeling in Humanitarian Settings: A Case Study and Lessons Learned. European Conference on Information Systems.
- Purao, S., M. Garfield, X. Gu, and P. Bhetwal. 2019. Predicting the Slide to Long-Term Homelessness. IEEE Conference on Business Informatics. Moscow, Russia. (See Press Release)
Last Updated: April 2021