Recent Research Outcomes
(For a more complete list: http://purao.net/research/)
[ Interview by NPR Tulsa: Research that Matters March 2022]
[ Podcast Interview: Designing for Societal Good January 2022 ]
- Wass, S., Thygesen, E., and Purao, S. 2023. Principles to Facilitate Social Inclusion for Design-oriented Research. Journal of the AIS. Forthcoming
- Purao, S. and S. Mulgund. 2022. Designing for Self-Management of Multiple Chronic Conditions by the Aging-at-home. International Conference on Information Systems. Copenhagen, Denmark. December.
- Mulgund, P., S. Purao, L. Agrawal. 2022. Fathers with postpartum depression: A problem-space exploration. 16th International Conference in Design Science Research in Information Technology and Systems. St. Petersburg, Florida, USA. June.
- Chandra-Kruse, L., Purao, S., and Seidel, S. 2022. How Designers Use Design Principles: Design Behaviors and Modes of Application. Journal of the AIS. Forthcoming.
- Herwix, A., Haj-Bolouri, A., Rossi, M., Chiarini-Tremblay, M., Purao, S., and Gregor, S. 2022. Ethics in Information Systems and Design Science Research: Five Perspectives. Communications of the AIS, Forthcoming.
- Hao, H., Garfield, M. and Purao, S. 2021. The Determinants of Length of Homeless Shelter Stays: Evidence-Based Regression Analyses. International Journal of Public Health. Forthcoming.
- Mulgund, P., Sharman, R., Purao, S., Thimmanayakanapalya, S., and Winkelstein, P. 2021. Mapping Information Needs of Patients With Sexually Transmitted Infections Using Web-Based Data Sources: Grounded Theory Investigation. Journal of Medical Internet Research. JMIR, 23(11):e30125
- Purao, S. 2021. Design Science Research Problems … Where do they come from? 15th International Conference in Design Science Research in Information Technology and Systems. Kristiansand, Norway. July.
- Purao, S., Hao, H., and Meng, C. 2021. The Use of Smart Home Speakers by the Elderly: Exploratory Analyses and Potential for Big Data. Big Data Research. Elsevier. 25, p.100224.
- Purao, S., Murungi, D., Yates, D. 2021. Deliberative Breakdowns in the Social Representation Process: Evidence from Reader Comments in Partisan News Sites. ACM Transactions on Social Computing. 4(2), pp.1-35.
- Purao, S. (Co-PI) with M. Garfield (PI). 2020. Improving Service Delivery for the Homeless with Analytics and Process Modeling. Smart Cities and Communities Program. National Science Foundation. ~$140k
- Purao, S., L. Chandra. A. Mädche. 2020. Design Principles: Where do… they all come from? 14th International Conference in Design Sciences Conference on Information Systems and Technology. Kristiansand, Norway.
Last Updated: February 2023